Monday, July 28, 2014

Quick update

Well, I thought I'd hop on and do a quick post, since I realized I have only posted about twice this summer, and it has been a link-up both times.

The main reason I haven't posted is because I have done nothing for school so far. Zero. Zip. Nada. My summer has been busy, but it has been with other non-school things.

Teachers go back the 14th here, so I really only have two weeks left of summer and need to get my butt in gear. I did get some stuff done at the very end of this last school year--my syllabi are pretty much ready to go. I have all three classes mapped out and know what I want to do. It's just getting the nitty gritty details of the first week planned, copies made, etc. This has been the shortest summer I've had since I started teaching, and I wanted to truly take some time off from school, which I think we all need.
So what HAVE I been doing? Well, we finished our front yard landscaping!











We also went on our vacation to the Smoky Mountains. Oh my gosh-so gorgeous! Then 10+ hour car ride was all worth it. We had a private and secluded cabin that had this amazing view from all our windows.





We did so many fun things in the national park. Went on a few hikes, hiked up to Clingman's Dome, the highest point in the park, drove part of the Blue Ridge Parkway, and also spent time enjoying our cabin and escaping from life for a bit.

Today we are getting some landscaping installed in our back yard. We have one more house project to complete before school time--paint our patio. We have an ugly concrete slab for a patio, and we plan to use Rustoleum Restore paint to liven it up a bit. Hopefully we get that done this weekend.

Next week, I have a couple meetings for work. I probably need to go into my classroom and get things straightened up for the new year and start buckling down and getting back into school mode. But for now, I'm going to go relax with some coffee and my dog :)




No comments:

Post a Comment